Your privacy is important to us this policy sets out how we use any personal information that we collect from you – whether as a funeral director, a registered charity or a donor making a donation on a fund page.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Purple Patch Management Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07445937 and have our registered office at Eldon House, 36 Eldon Road, Reading, RG1 4DL.
We collect the following information from you
- We always record a site visitor’s Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Information provided at the time of registering as a funeral director or as a charity, which may include someone’s contact name and address.
- We may also ask you for information (including name and address) when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- If you are donating money on a fund page, we ask for your name, address and email address and declaration statement in order to comply with HMRC gift aid requirements. No donor information is passed to charities. If you wish to donate “anonymously”, your name will not appear on the fund page.
We have outsourced the donations and payment process to WorldPay, which handles all the card payments. Consequently, we do not record any information as to your payment card or other personal details associated with the payment process. WorldPay collects standard card processing data such as the card-holder’s name and address, card number and payment details, which it retains.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies set by Google Analytics
Name: _utma Content: randomly generated number Used for: identifying unique visitors Expires: 2 years Name: _utmb and _utmc Content: randomly generated number Used for: identifying the current session Expires: 30 minutes Name: _utmz Typical content: randomly generated number + info on how the site was reached Used for: tracking how visitors came to our website Expires: 6 months
How we use the information we collect from you
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
In addition to those general principles, we provide the charities with the name and e-mail address of the next of kin of the deceased whose fund page featured that charity, in order to allow the charity to acknowledge the donations received.
Access to Personal Details
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.